La Terra offers over 30 varieties of Olive Oils and Balsamic vinegars to our customers! We have different types of quality, delicious olives, jams, mustards, tapenades, spreads, seasonings, dip mixes, dipping cups & plates, beautifully constructed cutting boards, kitchen accessories and body products (olive oil soaps, liquid & bar), healthy snacks for our furry friends as well!
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- ½ c ham, julienne strips
- ¼ c green onions chopped
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- Tuscan Herb sea salt to taste
- ½ c La Terra White BV
- 2 TBSP grated Romano
- 1/2c cheese (choice) cubed
- ¼ c La Terra olives (choice)
- ¼ c La Terra Garlic EVOO
- ¼ c La Terra Oregano EVOO
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
In large bowl mix together:
- Lettuce, tomatoes, celery, cheese, ham, onions & olives
- In a blender add garlic, White balsamic, EVOO, Romano cheese & Worcestershire.
- Puree until the dressing becomes an emulsion. Add to salad & toss!
July 25th, 2016
Summertime grilling dessert
Depending who is eating, serves 4-8
- 4 large fresh peaches; pitted & halved (keep skin on)
- 8 oz. burrata cheese
- La Terra Dark Raspberry BV
- Spray grill grates with a nonstick spray
- Preheat grill to a medium heat
- Grill peaches flesh-side down until softened & grill lines show, 3-4mins
- Serve each peach topped with a heaping TBSP burrata
- Generously drizzle Dark Raspberry BV over peach ½ and cheese
- Serve in small bowl & spoon directly out of peach halves!
July 25th, 2016
- 2 TBSP your favorite pesto sauce
- 2 TBSP La Terra Garlic inf. Evoo
- 1 # fresh mozzarella, drained well
- 1 # tomatoes cut into bite size bits
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves cut well
- Mix dressing in a small bowl: pesto and Garlic Evoo
- In medium bowl:
Create a salad with mozzarella, tomatoes & basil leaves tossed together
Pour pesto mix over caprese – salt & pepper if necessary
Grilling fruit, such as peaches, is a fantastic way to enhance the delicate, sweet taste. But even if you don’t have a grill, pan searing peaches in a hot black steel pan works fine. On the grill or in a pan, toss the peaches with a little bit of EVOO. One option is to sprinkle fruit with a tiny bit of sugar on the cut side of fruit, then glaze with a bit of Balsamic Vinegar. Working quickly so the fruit won’t burn or turn to mush is important.
Try pairing fruit with vinegar, especially La Terra Champagne, Coconut, 25 STAR White Balsamic, Chocolate or Hickory Smoked Balsamic, ALL create a unique delicious pairing with fruit… especially peaches. Incorporating nuts into your peach dish adds a wonderful dimension. I like to use toasted almonds or pecans with the burrata (cheese) in the cavity of a peach, nectarine, plum or apricot then drizzle with a delish balsamic over top! What a wonderful balance of sweet, tart, and creamy!
Cut the peach in half, leaving the skin on, oiling it well (a pure or Vanilla infused EVOO), and grilling the peach face down until it’s cooked. Try not to tinker with the fruit while cooking and allow it to sit (off heat) and cool after. Once nicely cooled off, fill the cavity with goat cheese and try dripping any of the above mentioned balsamic vinegars, or (may I suggest) some of our Sutter Buttes Merlot Wine Jam over the cheese. This works as a lovely hors d’oeuvre.
Grilling fruit such as peaches creates an opportunity to create an amazing dinner by pairing with some protein such as pork, chicken or fish.
Can we say Unique and Decisively repeatable dishes? YES
July 25th, 2016
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 lb butternut squash
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, hulled & halved
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. La Terra Basil Evoo
- 4 oz mixed dark greens
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Juice & pulp of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup La Terra Garlic Evoo
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
- In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
- Pour the vegetables onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast for 40 minutes.
- To make the dressing, place the avocado, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is light and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, place a handful of mixed greens on a plate and top with the roasted veggies. Spoon on the Avocado Dressing and serve!
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup La Terra Basil inf. Evoo
- 2 TBSP La Terra Rosato BV
- 1 ½ TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 crushed garlic
- Dash cayenne (optional)
- ½-1 tsp minced fresh dill or basil
- 1 ½ tsp minced onion
- Combine all – allow dressing to sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes before use
July 25th, 2016